Wednesday 14 October 2009

3 times as much hassle

I just put the finishing touches to a beat that put me outta my comfort zone. I've used 3 samples, from different genres, different speeds and very diffrent sounds in all of them.
I've made beats using 2 samples, and although they might not have been very similar, I might have only taken the bass from one and the melody from another, or the drums from one and a piano loop from another. But this beat uses 1 or 2 bar sections from each sample. Each sample has it's own part, so one sample makes up a 16 bar section, another makes up an 8 bar section and the last makes up a 12 bar section.
The difficulty I had was to make the samples flow between sections and have as smoother transition as possible, as well as making sure the drum sounds fitted with the tones in each sample and the drums pattterns helped with the transitions.
But all in all, I feel it went pretty well.
To hear it, go to:

http://www.goldmic.com/members/player-profile.cfm?dt&xm=85844

and listen to the first track, 2 And Fro

Let me know what you think people

No comments:

Post a Comment